Office 365 Backup Heros Wanted
Office 365 is a powerful and cost-effective cloud platform, with fantastic apps that help us effectively run our businesses. But by itself, it’s not enough, it requires a Backup Hero to fully protect data and users from potential disasters – and that’s where you come in!
Imagine one day you are suddenly unable to access your emails, attachments, calendars or tasks. Imagine your SharePoint, OneDrive, Groups or Teams files went missing. It would be a data disaster!
The fact is — Office 365 data files are being stolen, blocked, held captive and destroyed every single day.
This is why every business needs to supplement the basic native backup capabilities found in Office 365 with a comprehensive offsite backup and/or archiving solution. Only offsite backup, ideally outside of where Office 365 is stored, can ensure 100% data recovery — no other threat mitigation tactic can guarantee that your client’s Office 365 data will be safe. It’s like insurance for your Office 365 business data.
And this is where a Backup Hero, like you, can save the day.
What a Backup Hero does:
- A Backup Hero is prepared for all emergencies – let’s face it, things can and do go wrong and often at the worst possible time. Data emergencies happen, so Dropsuite is here to help you be the backup hero by having all your data safe, secure and ready for restore – almost instantly
- A Backup Hero puts others first – ‘having your back’ means protecting those around you by ensuring their data is protected and readily available should a disaster happen. Whether someone accidentally deletes data, or it’s maliciously encrypted, Dropsuite makes you a Backup Hero by providing super easy and swiftly accessible data backup, archiving and restoring tools to protect your whole team
- A Backup Hero is motivated by doing the right thing – doing the right thing is not always the most popular, cheapest or easiest thing to do, but Dropsuite makes you a Backup Hero by automating tedious set up processes & tasks, and provides professional quality data protection at low prices with no hidden fees
Why Office 365 Backup is Needed
You may be asking — why do I need backup? Microsoft already backs everything up for me.
This is not true, here’s why:
- Microsoft is only responsible for the Office 365 infrastructure, not the data.
- With Office 365, it’s your data. You own and control it. You are responsible for it. Period.
- Office 365 wasn’t built to be a comprehensive data backup and archiving solution.
Even Microsoft’s website says they take care of the infrastructure, but the data remains the customer’s responsibility.
It’s not just your email at risk of data loss. It’s your email attachments, calendar, tasks as well. Plus, your SharePoint files, OneDrive files, Groups and Teams files too that are at risk.
Backup Heros are Needed Because Data Threats Are Growing
Let’s face it, Backup Heros are needed because the threats to business data continue to grow every day. Consider these sobering numbers:
- 135 million email phishing attacks are attempted every day (ZDNet)
- 4,000+ ransomware attacks in the U.S. every day (U.S. Department of Justice)
- 600% increase in malware attempts targeting Office 365 2016-2017, and rising (Jason Rogers, Microsoft).
- 49% of SharePoint users had at least one data breach in the past two years (Ponemon Institute)
- 30 days – the out-of-the-box limit for deleted files to stay in the recycle bin before being permanently deleted (Microsoft)
Be a Backup Hero by Protecting Your Office 365 Data Ecosystem
Be the Backup Hero that every firm needs, protect your Office 365 data ecosystem. Now that you understand that your Office 365 data is vulnerable, what can you do to protect your Office 365 environment and the communications between your users?
A comprehensive threat mitigation strategy is key. Here are a few important ways to be a Backup Hero:
- Use tools such as endpoint encryption, anti-virus software, data backup and system monitoring
- Educate users on how to avoid phishing traps and the importance of strong passwords
- Require new password updates regularly
- Keep your systems and applications up to date
But let’s be honest, even if you do all the above and more, the danger of accidental or malicious data deletion is always present.
And when a data disaster happens, and it will, that’s when a Backup Hero springs into action.
When a Backup Hero Springs into Action
When data is deleted, encrypted or corrupted it’s time for you, the Backup Hero, to take action.
Backup Hero actions include:
- Use a backup and archiving product such as Dropsuite to securely safeguard all your Office 365 data
- When a data disaster happens, identify the files and dates that are impacted
- Easily find the files using the fast, powerful yet easy to use Advanced Search
- Restore the data using our speedy 1-Click restore feature
- Report on the files, data, and actions taken to find and fix the data disaster
- Sit back, relax and celebrate the fact that you were just a Backup Hero
Dropsuite Helps You Be a Backup Hero
This backup data must be easily recoverable to any previous point in time that you may need it. Your Office 365 backup should be comprehensive, which is why we cover so many Microsoft apps, including:
Be a Backup Protection Hero!
Contact Dropsuite at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how our industry-leading Office 365 Backup solution can help you protect, preserve and as necessary restore critical business information anytime and anywhere.